Saturday, May 10, 2008

Scrambled Brain

Tuesday night we went out to eat. I thought maybe for our ‘Big Give’ we could pay for somebody’s dinner. When our waitress brought us our check, she also had two other customers’ checks. And since we knew the waitress, I asked to if I could see their checks. I’m sure she thought I had lost my marbles, but she let me see them.

I told her that I wanted to pay for both of their checks but I did not want them to know who had paid for their meals.

She asked, “What am I supposed to tell them?

I was like, "I don’t know. I’ve never done this before."

One gentleman refused to leave until he knew WHO had paid for his meal. Our waitress kindly nodded in our direction.
We were just sitting there talking and I looked up and a guy was just standing there with this kind of lost, confused, puppy dog face. He said, “I guess I owe you a Thank You for buying my dinner, but I am still very confused as to why.” We just kind of sat there and didn’t really say anything, just smiled.

He then said, “Well….Hmmmm! I think I get it. This is some kind of favor that I should pass on, Right?.........Yes I think it is. Well thank you again for dinner.”

He was very welcome. I am pretty sure paying for his dinner scrambled his brain, but in a good way. It also made us feel pretty good. I hope everyone had as much fun with their Big Give as we did.

That was fun.