Friday, May 9, 2008

I thought Starbucks would be a good idea...

As soon as Curt mentioned what the $10 under every chair was for, I had the idea to buy someone's Starbucks behind me in the drive through line (as if I don't spend enough money there already).

Then he uses that as his example of something to do for someone in his teaching...

I didn't want to do that then because I figured all kinds of other people would, too! So, all week this money has been burning a hole in my pocket as I've been looking for something to do with it. I finally gave up on trying to think up something else and handed the girl working the drive through line money for mine. As she handed me my change, I said, "Can I buy the next 2 people's drinks, too?" and handed her a $20 bill. She smirked and started working on it.

When all was said and done, she started handing me $12 & change... apparently, the 2 people behind me were alone and were "conservative Starbucks drinkers." There wasn't anyone else in the line, so I told her to put it in the tip jar. She couldn't believe it, but gladly accepted it! It was nice to make so many people's day!

Thanks for the push, Crosspoint!