Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother of Three

I work with a young mother of three who is going through a nasty divorce right now. She is doing her best to keep everything together, but it is obvious she is exhausted, and for good reason. I bought a gift card to a nail salon and put it in her mailbox, attached to a note telling her to let someone pamper her for an hour or so. I didn't say anything about the "big give," thinking I would explain that in person when I saw her. She sent the following email...."Thank you so much for the gift card. What a wonderful treat. Also, thank you so much for being a great support to me. I am blessed to have you in my life." It blessed me to think that I had been a blessing to her and it has caused me to think about ways I can bless others in both monetary and non-monetary ways.